Date:      Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:32:50 +0200
From:      Len Conrad <lconrad@Go2France.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Any experience with T3/HSSI cards and FreeBSD?

--=====================_85460075==_.ALT

>Do you know anything about the lanmedia cards?

Hi Hans,

No, I just learned about LMC in this surprisingly long thread, but am still
waiting for somebody at LMC to respond to my email to their "sales@"
box.  Their website design suggests that they may not look at it very often
or care much about it :-)) and maybe don't check its mailboxes !

Betting your ISP on infrastructure products like an T3/E3 card really makes
you want to get comfortable with the product and the company.  I get the
feeling the LMC and ET are fairly small techy shops but have been around
for a while while SDL Comm feels bigger, (fwiw, probably not much). Sangoma
seems fairly popular with the Linux LRP crowd but they don't have any cards
above E1.

So in the "any experience" area, we have one vote for and one vote against
ET HSSI card (and a coupla votes on Dennis).  I have two of Dennis' old ISA
cards, found a serious bug in the initialisation of the driver and IRQ
connection (always, always, always run immediately some performance tests
as in-the-ballpark sanity checks!!), and haven't had much chance to really
lean on them, yet.  (ET's new PCI 4-port card looks good for driving
dedicated WAN lines to client sites.)

So, we've got no votes on LMC or SDL Comm.

Regards,
Len

--=====================_85460075==_.ALT

cards?&nbsp; </blockquote><br>
Hi Hans,<br>
No, I just learned about LMC in this surprisingly long thread, but am
still waiting for somebody at LMC to respond to my email to their
&quot;sales@&quot; box.&nbsp; Their website design suggests that they may
not look at it very often or care much about it :-)) and maybe don't
check its mailboxes !<br>
Betting your ISP on infrastructure products like an T3/E3 card really
makes you want to get comfortable with the product and the company.&nbsp;
I get the feeling the LMC and ET are fairly small techy shops but have
been around for a while while SDL Comm feels bigger, (fwiw, probably not
much). Sangoma seems fairly popular with the Linux LRP crowd but they
don't have any cards above E1.<br>
So in the &quot;any experience&quot; area, we have one vote for and one
vote against ET HSSI card (and a coupla votes on Dennis).&nbsp; I have
two of Dennis' old ISA cards, found a serious bug in the initialisation
of the driver and IRQ connection (always, always, always run immediately
some performance tests as in-the-ballpark sanity checks!!), and haven't
had much chance to really lean on them, yet.&nbsp; (ET's new PCI 4-port
card looks good for driving dedicated WAN lines to client sites.)<br>
So, we've got no votes on LMC or SDL Comm.<br>
Regards,<br>
Len<br>