Date:      Mon, 1 Mar 2004 19:47:39 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Gerard Samuel <fbsd-questions@trini0.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [Repost] Limiting connections to CVS

--c3bfwLpm8qysLVxt

On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 10:32:12AM -0500, Gerard Samuel wrote:
> Reposting to list, as I was locked out of -questions over the weekend, an=
d I=20
> don't know if I got any replies.
> -----------------
> I read somewhere that they were able to limit CVS pserver connections
> to 4 a minute.
> I would like to do something similar.
> I currently have a firewall/nat box running 4.9-RELEASE-p1, using ipf.
> The CVS server is behind the firewall/nat box running on 4.9-RELEASE-p1.
>=20
> Thanks for any insight you may provide...

If you're running CVS pserver out of inetd, which I believe is the
usual practice, then you can limit the total number of simultaneous
connections to a service or the maximum rate at which a service may be
invoked: either of those can apply to connections from one specific IP
address or to all connections.  See inetd.conf(5), but the syntax you
want is something like:

    cvspserver     stream  tcp     nowait/0/4  root    /usr/bin/cvs    cvs =
--allow-root=3D/your/cvsroot/here pserver

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
                                                      Savill Way