Date:      Sat, 01 May 1999 20:41:17 -0700
From:      "Tom" <tom@toetag.com>
To:        "Brian O'Shea" <boshea@ricochet.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Alpha <freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Softupdates on Alpha ??

On Sat, 01 May 1999 20:28:27 PDT, "Brian O'Shea" writes:

>Not to mention on /tmp (the way you have it set up).
>Do softupdates provide any performance benefit on MFS filesystems?
> mfs:29 on /tmp (asynchronous, local, writes: sync 14 async 546)

Hmm, I don't think I set tmp to do soft-updates, I think it mounts async by default.
I just mount tmp on my swap partition since it's uh,  temp :-)

But who knows, I could have done it inadvertently when I brute-forced tunefs
in /etc/rc.

Can you actually do softupdates on the swap partition?

--
tom@unhooked.net                        ICQ - 16163541
Get UnHOOKeD.