Date:      Wed, 11 Sep 1996 15:05:02 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Colin Ryan <drop@lglobal.com>
To:        "Samuel E. Romero" <ser@hon.hn>
Subject:   Re: Additional pop accounts - how?

On Wed, 11 Sep 1996, Samuel E. Romero wrote:

Depends.

If they have a legitamite PPP account already and you they just want
another POP box, create the user but give home directory of /dev/null and
/bin/false(or some other fake shell) as there shell. Then they
cannot ftp or telnet to the account but popper works(unless you have user
mail in there own home directories)

If you want POP e-mail only accounts it's a bit trickier in that
you do the above but must set filters on there PPP connection allowing
only UDP,POP,DNS packets.

> Hi!,
>
> How can I create additional pop-only accounts for a login account?.
> I've seen that advertised in some places and I'd like to know how to
> doit.
> Somebody knows? or where can I found the info?
> Thks.

| Colin P. Ryan                  \!/                         Cyber- |
| Local GlobalAccess Inc.....More than Just a Provider!      Rights |
| 320 1/2 Bloor St. W. Toronto. ON                           NOW !! |
| e:drop@lglobal.com				Phone: (416)515-7400|