Date:      Fri, 10 Nov 2000 10:03:56 -0600
From:      Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Daniel Frazier <dfrazier@magpage.com>
Cc:        Matt Meola <mmeola@uswest.com>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Evolution port difficulties...

On Fri, Nov 10, 2000 at 10:58:46AM -0500, Daniel Frazier wrote:
> thanks. i'm glad to know it's not just me who wants to see this work...
> I really like using graphical mail clients over pine or the like, but the
> only one I've managed to get running (somewhat)stably is netscapes' client.
> The only other ones I've tried are balsa and pmail, but they crashed too
> frequently.  At least netscape messenger doesn't crash.  I'll be happy when
> evolution is working.

Weird.  It works for me.  I get the menubar and can read mail with
it, though it still hates sending stuff.

However, it's entirely possible that I have something special in my
machine that's making it work.. I have a chrooted environment that
runs GNOME-CVS bits and pieces.. it may be that something "leaked"
from one environment to the other.

Regardless, as soon as 4.2-RELEASE comes out, I'll be wiping the
disks on this machine and starting again (been "awhile" since this
box got really cleaned out), so I'll try again then.

Someone mentioned a fix for the "validation script"?  Please email
the diffs to me privately (ade@FreeBSD.org will do) and I'll drop
them in to the port.

-aDe

--