Date:      Mon, 10 Jan 2000 11:24:06 -0800 (PST)
From:      Archie Cobbs <archie@whistle.com>
To:        ru@FreeBSD.org (Ruslan Ermilov)
Cc:        cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/netinet ip_output.c

Ruslan Ermilov writes:
>   Modified files:
>     sys/netinet          ip_output.c
>   Log:
>   MGETHDR() does not initialize m_pkthdr.rcvif, do it here.
>
>   This fixes page fault panic observed when diverting packets
>   with IP options (e.g. ping -R remoteIP over natd).
>
>   PR:	kern/8596, kern/11199

I've been bitten by this same bug more than once. It might be good
to do a quick code review, I bet there are other instances around.

Or, how about adding a new argument for the initial value of 'rcvif'
to the MGETHDR() macro?

This would insure this bug doesn't happen and cost nothing (except
in presumably rare cases where rcvif is not known yet).

-Archie