Date:      Mon, 26 Jul 1999 21:49:19 -0500
From:      "Pedro Fernando Giffuni" <pfgiffun@bachue.usc.unal.edu.co>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Miscellany of chat-type questions...

Terry Lambert escribió:

> I think that it might be an OK thing for TenDRA (so it doesn't
> get GPL'ed), but for use with GNU tools, I'm afraid that it
> would have to be a COBOL-TO-C translator, if I ever decided
> that it was worthwhile finishing the thing for use on FreeBSD.

TenDRA has some beautiful things if one wants to start a complete
compiler toolkit; I understand it uses some sort of pseudo-code (I am
probably the only person here that got to use OS9-Pascal for the Color
Computer :-).

I have a copy of Samuel Harbison's introductory Modula 3 book; it
explains that SRC's Modula 3 is actually a modula to C translator. One
of these days I'll try to build and use it with TenDRA C; if I'm not
wrong this would mean I would be able to mix C and M3 libraries (NO I
don't know why someone would want this, but it would be interesting).

cheers,
	Pedro.