Date:      Tue, 12 Oct 2004 08:35:50 +0200
From:      Nils Ivanson <pestil3nce@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   I have a IP problem

Hi!
I have a huge problem getting on the internet on FreeBSD... When i'm
trying to install and i need to get an IP from my ADSL-modem it says
that the submask is incorrect... This is the same values as i get
then...
http://pestil3nce.mine.nu/pub/images/my%20current%20ip.PNG

i havn't succeded to configure my modem to let me use static ip on the
computer (i'm using my public ip)... But somehow, in the configuration
of the modem it seems to me that the submask IS correct... The submask
in the modem is 255.255.255.0 but the submask i get by the DHCP server
in the modem is 255.255.255.255. Linux (the tool dhcpcd) accepts this,
same do windows (xp is the only i have tried), BUT FreeBSD-setup dont
accept this submask.

Please help me to get this beggah going ^^

// Nils, Sweden
--
Get Mozilla Firefox