Date:      Thu, 15 Feb 2001 12:30:11 -0800 (PST)
From:      Christoph.Weber-Fahr@arcor.net
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/25045: bind8 port doesnt remove/rename original named

The following reply was made to PR ports/25045; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Christoph.Weber-Fahr@arcor.net
To: Doug Barton <DougB@gorean.org>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 21:21:00 +0100

 Quoting Doug Barton <DougB@gorean.org>:

 > On 13 Feb 2001, Cyrille Lefevre wrote:

 > > wefa@nxcon.nexgo.lab.arcor.de (dont use that address) writes:

 > > >     the bind8 port installs all its stuff in usr local, leaving
 > > >     the original bind stuff in place.

 > > the answer is :
 > >
 > > echo named_program=/usr/local/sbin/named >> /etc/rc.conf

 >    That would not be a good idea at all.

 I guess Cyrille meant me (and not the port) doing this.
 Which I agree to - that's not the way I would a port expect to behave.

 >    Closing this PR was the appropriate action. No further action
 > needs to be taken.

 As noted, here I disagree, having submitted a mini patch to put some
 warning blurb echoed at the end of the install process.

 Regards

 Christoph Weber-Fahr