Date:      Tue, 25 Nov 1997 22:41:46 -0500
From:      Mark Mayo <mark@vmunix.com>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        Philipp Reichmuth <uzsv2k@uni-bonn.de>, FreeBSD Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ldconfig problems

On Tue, Nov 25, 1997 at 12:57:48PM -0800, Doug White wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Nov 1997, Philipp Reichmuth wrote:
>
> > Often if I try to compile a port (or whatever that uses shared
> > libraries), I see the following error sequence:
> >
> > XXXXX==== /usr/ports/print/ghostview/
> > make================================XXXXX
> > ===>  Building for ghostview-1.5
> > rm -f ghostview
> > cc -o ghostview -m486 -O2      -L/usr/X11R6/lib main.o misc.o
> > callbacks.o actions.o dialogs.o                   Ghostview.o ps.o
> > getenv.o setenv.o strcasecmp.o                   SelFile.o Dir.o Path.o
> > Draw.o -lXaw -lXmu -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXt -lX11 -lXt -lSM -lICE -lXext
> > -lX11   -lm -lgnumalloc
> > ld: -lgnumalloc: no match
>
> Yipe, 1.5 is --OLD--!  Try upgrading.

Really? It's the newest version included in the packages-current|stable.
Just checked and it's the one in -current's /usr/ports as well.
You must be thinking of something else - I just checked on the GNU
site and 1.5 is the latest version as well. It's from 1993/4, but I
couldn't find a newer version anywhere.

-Mark

 Mark Mayo		  				mark@vmunix.com
 RingZero Comp.  	  		    http://www.vmunix.com/mark

	 finger mark@vmunix.com for my PGP key and GCS code
Win95/NT - 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to
an an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor,
written by a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition.  -UGU