Date:      Thu, 5 Sep 1996 17:55:23 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Matt Hamilton <matt@boris.clintondale.com>
To:        frf <frf@qcworld.com>
Cc:        freebsd-bugs@freebsd.org, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: status of kern/1157

On Thu, 5 Sep 1996, frf wrote:

> first had the problem when 'dump'ing to tape, across ether.
> I use amanda 3.0 for backup and have never had a problem
> until I installed the 2940.

> ** Error message
> Ahc0: Issued Channel A Bus Reset #1 (2,3,4) SCBs aborted.
> sd1(ahc0:2:0): timed out in messages phase, SCSISIGI == 0x0
> sd1(ahc0:2:0): asserted ATN device reset in messages buffer

I too am having the same errors whilst trying to back up to a HP C1534A
Tape drive and I am also looking for answers.  I am running 2.1.5-RELEASE.
The strange thing is I have two 2GB SCSI drives and I can cp /dev/rsd0
/dev/rsd1 fine.  I would have thought this would be about the most strain
you could put on a SCSI driver as you are moving data as fast as you
practically can across the board (ie. the max speed of the disks).

So maybe it is not the SCSI driver?  I can cause the problem just by:
mt -f /dev/rst0 erase

-Matt

Matt Hamilton
matt@clintondale.com