Date:      Sat, 10 Mar 2001 21:37:01 -0600
From:      seebs@plethora.net (Peter Seebach)
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: if_fxp - the real point

Okay, maybe I'm missing something...

1.  Has anyone tried one of these new Intel parts with BSD/OS?
2.  Do any of the people involved with this have source licenses to BSD/OS?

I am quite sure BSDi hasn't been swamped with "help, my Intel card isn't
working" requests.  I'm also quite sure that the source license includes the
Intel stuff.  Now, that doesn't do *much* more good than the Linux driver...
but it might help *some*.

If anyone has a specific part number or model information about the new
unsupported PHY, I'd be happy to look it up and tell you what, if anything,
I can find out.  I can't send out copies of the source without some kind
of formal approval, but I could certainly at least answer questions like
"do we have a BSD-flavored driver that works with this".

-s