Date:      Wed, 29 Oct 2008 08:40:42 +0000
From:      Anton Shterenlikht <mexas@bristol.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: build ImageMagick 6.4.4.1_1 from ports failed...

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 09:33:40AM +0200, Aggelidis Nikos wrote:
> hi to all the list,
>
> i am trying to install ImageMagick 6.4.4.1_1 from the ports system.
> The problem seems to be that i can't complete succesfully the tests of
> imagemagick. In particular i fail in all the Magick++ tests
>
> [snip]
>
> FAIL: Magick++/tests/exceptions.sh
> FAIL: Magick++/tests/appendImages.sh
> FAIL: Magick++/tests/attributes.sh
> FAIL: Magick++/tests/averageImages.sh
> FAIL: Magick++/tests/coalesceImages.sh
> FAIL: Magick++/tests/coderInfo.sh
> FAIL: Magick++/tests/colorHistogram.sh
> FAIL: Magick++/tests/color.sh
> FAIL: Magick++/tests/montageImages.sh
> FAIL: Magick++/tests/morphImages.sh
> FAIL: Magick++/tests/readWriteBlob.sh
> FAIL: Magick++/tests/readWriteImages.sh
> FAIL: Magick++/demo/analyze.sh
> FAIL: Magick++/demo/button.sh
> FAIL: Magick++/demo/demo.sh
> FAIL: Magick++/demo/flip.sh
> FAIL: Magick++/demo/gravity.sh
> FAIL: Magick++/demo/piddle.sh
> FAIL: Magick++/demo/shapes.sh
> FAIL: Magick++/demo/zoom_bessel.sh
> FAIL: Magick++/demo/zoom_blackman.sh
> FAIL: Magick++/demo/zoom_box.sh
> FAIL: Magick++/demo/zoom_catrom.sh
> FAIL: Magick++/demo/zoom_cubic.sh
> FAIL: Magick++/demo/zoom_gaussian.sh
> FAIL: Magick++/demo/zoom_hamming.sh
> FAIL: Magick++/demo/zoom_hanning.sh
> FAIL: Magick++/demo/zoom_hermite.sh
> FAIL: Magick++/demo/zoom_lanczos.sh
> FAIL: Magick++/demo/zoom_mitchell.sh
> FAIL: Magick++/demo/zoom_point.sh
> FAIL: Magick++/demo/zoom_quadratic.sh
> FAIL: Magick++/demo/zoom_sample.sh
> FAIL: Magick++/demo/zoom_scale.sh
> FAIL: Magick++/demo/zoom_sinc.sh
> FAIL: Magick++/demo/zoom_triangle.sh
>
> [snip]

> 36 of 699 tests failed
> Please report to http://www.imagemagick.org
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/graphics/ImageMagick/work/ImageMagick-6.4.4.
> *** Error code 1
>

> What i've tried so far:
>
> * i tried to install using
>        portugrade -P -N ImageMagick                 and then by using
>        cd /usr/ports/graphics/ImageMagick/ && make install clean
> * updated the ports
> * installed or updated to the last version all the tools listed from
> freshports.org as "Required To Build" or "Required To Run"
>       Required To Build: lang/perl5.8, devel/pkg-config,
> print/ghostscript8-nox11
>       Required To Run: lang/perl5.8, devel/pkg-config, print/ghostscript8-nox11
> * finally i updated to  libtool-1.5.26 because in
> /usr/ports/graphics/ImageMagick/work/ImageMagick-6.4.4/Magick++/tests/attributes.sh
> in the comments is mentioned that libtool is needed...
>
> Any ideas will be great! even if they are just directions for where to
> look from here...because i am out of ideas..

what platform and FBSD version?
did you build with perl support?
mail output of `make showconfig'.
YOu shouldn't need to build each port manually. If you upgrade ImageMagick
with portupgrade or portmaster, all dependencies would have been checked,
and all updates of ports on which IM depends would have been performed.

I've passed all tests on i386 and all but 2 tests on alpha.

--
Anton Shterenlikht
Room 2.6, Queen's Building