Date:      28 Feb 2003 11:13:48 -0500
From:      Adam <blueeskimo@gmx.net>
To:        Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira <lioux@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: konsole causes DRI to fail

On Fri, 2003-02-28 at 09:59, Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira wrote:
> Both DRI and Xft use X RENDER extension.
> Konsole has had some problems currently with fonts.
Ah, now it's starting to make sense .. A few days ago I 'portupgrade -rf
Xft' (because of the 'monumental' change to Xft) .. When I relaunched my
WM after finishing the upgrade, my fonts in Konsole were all messed up,
so I went in to fix them. Maybe this is where I inadvertently discovered
the problem?

> Try using another font in konsole, *not* a vector font,
> Pick something like lucida console or neep.
I think I'll just use Multi-Gnome-Terminal instead .. It seems to be
pretty stable and has nice tabbed terminal windows .. The only thing I
wonder about is whether or not this is a konsole-specific problem, or is
the problem likely to pop up in other KDE applications?

> Furthermore, I was told that you should try running
> 'fc-cache -fv' a few times too.
Ok I ran that and it succeeded .. I don't see any man page on this
command though .. What exactly does it do (ie, why did they want me to
run it)?

> I apologize but I cannot be of much help here. :(
Nonsense, you've been a great help! Thanks for taking all this time to
research my problem. Three cheers for Mario!

--
Adam <blueeskimo@gmx.net>