Date:      Wed, 28 Nov 2012 13:54:27 -0800
From:      Waitman Gobble <gobble.wa@gmail.com>
To:        Robert Bonomi <bonomi@mail.r-bonomi.com>
Cc:        kline@thought.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: just thought of a new gui port!

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 1:01 PM, Robert Bonomi <bonomi@mail.r-bonomi.com> wrote:

>> Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 07:26:25 -0800
>> Subject: Re: just thought of a new gui port!
>> From: Waitman Gobble <gobble.wa@gmail.com>

>> the
>> >
>> > www.wunderground.com  has more than you could want to know.
>> >
>> > Odds are good that somebody near you has a private weather station on
>>  line
>> > already.
>> >
>> > If not, lots of info about weather station equipment with computer
>> interface.
>> >

>> wunderground is definitely a great site however at least in my location the
>> temperature can be off as much as ten degrees, its almost like they are
>> reading from a station on top of the mountain, and I.m in the valley. Its
>> an issue of being on the coast I suppose, for example it could be 80
>> degrees inland but a ten mile drive and your down to 50 degrees.
>
> You mean none of the *19* wunderground stations listed as being in San Jose
> proper, or the =40+= in the metro area, are 'accurate' for your location?
> <http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/hdfForecast?query=San+Jose+California#stations>;

Hi,
It may be better lately, last time I checked was a couple of years ago!
http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/hdfForecast?query=los+altos+hills
Station #1 on the map comes up as being on the other side of the 280,
and it looks like it's up on top of the mountain.
I don't remember station 3 or 4 being there a few years ago, maybe it
was. Right now I'm approximately in the center of 1,2,3,4.
At the moment there's about a 5 to 6 degrees difference between 3 and 1.
It wasn't a scientific comparison :-), i remember looking at the
weather on the site one day and noticed the temp was about 10 degrees
different at that moment :)
Waitman