Date:      Thu, 04 Jan 2001 20:07:44 +0000
From:      fides <fides@ring0.org>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   nmap problem under freebsd 4.2 stable

Hi there, sorry to bother you with a personal problem, im sure you get
enough of these to make you sick, but ive searched everywhere for a
solution to this, efnet #freebsdhelp, defcon1.org, nmap documentation etc
but to no joy.

When i run nmap, with a typical -O -sS -v -v  commandline, half way through
the scan, this happens:

sendto in send_tcp_raw: sendto(3, packet, 40, 0, 64.23.20.33, 16) => No
buffer space available
Sleeping 15 seconds then retrying

Obvioulsy some kind of buffer isn't set high enough, but for the life of me
I can't work out what it is.  I have tried changing NMBCLUSTERS in the
kernel and recompiling, also various send/recv buffer sysctl settings but
nothing seems to have any effect.

If you could possibly shed some light on the issue for me I would be very
grateful.

Thanks for your time,

--fides