Date:      Fri, 08 Oct 1999 18:04:49 +0100
From:      Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
To:        martin.kraft@fal.de, Thomas Runge <runge@rostock.zgdv.de>, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cannot record from SB PCI12

Hi,
Ok I have just applied the PR which fixes this problem to the 3.x source
tree.

Give the CVS servers an hour to catch up and you can get source which
fixes this bug.
The changed file is /usr/src/sys/i386/isa/snd/sound.c
Or, you can apply the fix posted in PR i386/9283   which I have now
closed.

Luigi's sound driver (the PCM driver) has been heavily re-written in
4.x-current
by Cameron Grant and called NEWPCM.
The area with the bug has been rewritten in the newpcm driver, which was
committed about 3 weeks ago, so the problem is also fixed in -current.

I'll admit I've not even tried the patch myself.
I'll trust Tom who raised the PR and luigi who cast his eye over Tom's
fix.

Roger