Date:      Thu, 8 Aug 2002 14:31:12 -0400
From:      Matthias Trevarthan <trevarthan@wingnet.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   upgrading from 4.6 Release to fix Open SSL

Howdy list,

I am relatively new to FreeBSD systems administration (four months).

I recently recieved the security advisories for the Open SSL heap overflo=
w,=20
and I would like to upgrade my two 4.6 Release machines to 4.6.1-RELEASE-=
p10,=20
and my two 4.4 Release machines to 4.6 p10, or at least the fixed version=
 of=20
4.4 (4.4-RELEASE-p25).

However, I'm a little unclear on a few things:

Can I simply use CVSup to download the tag "RELENG_4_6"?

Or do I have to specify a date range?

And how can I find out which revision a machine is running? (You, just to=
=20
confirm that I actually downloaded the correct revision..)

Thanks.

Matthias