Date:      Tue, 4 Jul 2000 12:33:31 +0930
From:      shaun <shaunbranden@dingoblue.net.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Replacing Windows 95 with Free BSD

On Mon, Jul 03, 2000 at 05:05:48PM -0700, Todd Miller wrote:
> HELP!    I have Windows 95, and I want to replace my OS with Free BSD. But I don’t want to lose all personal data on my hard disk. Can you help me?

If you have a large enough drive, you can defrag it to keep all data together, then use fips to split that one large partition into one for win and one for FreeBSD. If you just want FreeBSD, try to get hold of a small secondhand hard drive (eg 200mb- around $10.00), install this and back up the data to it. You can then use your main drive and retrieve the data from the small one at your leasure.

This works well for me

shaun
--
Shaun Branden; shaunbranden@dingoblue.net.au; icq:10469563