Date:      Wed, 16 Feb 2011 17:08:09 -0700
From:      Chad Perrin <perrin@apotheon.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [[FreeBSD-Announce] FreeBSD Foundation Announces New Project]

--1SQmhf2mF2YjsYvc

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 10:59:01AM -0800, Chip Camden wrote:
> ----- Forwarded message from Deb Goodkin <deb@freebsdfoundation.org>
> -----
> >
> > The FreeBSD Foundation is pleased to announce that Konstantin
> > Belousov=20
> > has been awarded a grant to
> > implement support of GEM, KMS, and DRI for Intel Drivers. This
> > project=20
> > is being co-sponsored by iXsystems.
>=20
> <snip>
>=20
>=20
> W00t!  Konstantin, please let me know if I can be of any help.  I have
> 8-STABLE on an Intel i3 M 350 with integrated HD graphics that I'll
> gladly
> move to 9-CURRENT if I can help this effort in any way.

I recently came into possession of a laptop with Intel HD graphics as
well, and would like to help this project along so I can run FreeBSD on
it without everything looking stretchy.  Let me know if I can help too.

>=20
> Thanks to the Foundation for funding this!  Time to go contribute
> again.

Ditto that.  When my hardware is supported, it is my experience that
FreeBSD makes the best workstation of any OS I've used.  More hardware
support for workstation-type use, then, is a good thing.

--=20

--1SQmhf2mF2YjsYvc

--1SQmhf2mF2YjsYvc--