Date:      Tue, 06 May 2003 16:35:54 +0100
From:      John Abel <john.abel@pa.press.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Installing An ISA Sync/570i

Hi,

I've recently downloaded FreeBSD5, for it's support of Digi boards,
specifically the ISA based Sync/570.  However, now that I've got it
installed, it seems to have not detected the board.  I've checked the
board with it's diagnostic disk, and it is setup with a correct
IRQ/memory settings, yet the install doesn't seem to have installed the
driver (the only ar files are in the src directories).

I've been going through compiling a new kernel, but after adding the
line from the ar man page,

device          ar0                     at isa? port 0x300 irq 5 iomem
0xd0000

the config produces "devices with zero units are not likely to be
correct".

Has someone any notes on installing one of these boards with FreeBSD5?
Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Regards

John