Date:      Fri, 7 Jun 1996 11:47:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ron Echeverri <rone@ennui.ops.best.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org

augh help
i upgraded from -RELEASE to -stable, and recompiled the kernel.  now i'm
getting tons of Inappropriate ioctl for device errors (for example,
when using plain ol' Mail [gtty: Inapp...] and, of course, when firing
up X).  also, when i log in, it echoes back my login when i hit enter.
but not my password.   however, when i rlogin to, say, netcom, it
will echo back my password (ACK).  what did i break?  i will be putting
up my kernel config file up at http://www.ennui.org/ENNUI

thanks for any help
rone