Date:      Fri, 28 Aug 2015 12:16:55 +0200
From:      Lars Engels <lars.engels@0x20.net>
To:        Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@crodrigues.org>
Cc:        Julian Elischer <julian@freebsd.org>, freebsd-current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ramblings.. or not

--tSiBuZsJmMXpnp7T

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 02:31:21PM -0700, Craig Rodrigues wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 8:44 PM, Julian Elischer <julian@freebsd.org> wro=
te:

> > We should also do a better job of productising and incorporating GSOC
> > work..
> >

> Definitely!  It's sad to see people put a lot of working into something v=
ia
> GSOC,
> and then have the work die on the vine once the summer is over.

There's a lack of communication. Every year we have GSOC students
working on a part of FreeBSD, but after GSOC is over nothing happens.
Some code goes into base quietly, some good code may be lurking in an
external repository but nobody knows.
My proposal is that every student and mentor should write a short
summary of the work done and if was already committed to the tree or why
it hasn't been committed.=20

--tSiBuZsJmMXpnp7T

--tSiBuZsJmMXpnp7T--