Date:      Thu, 10 Feb 2005 02:39:38 +0100
From:      Ivan Roth <ivan.roth@free.fr>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: compile kernel problem

no, I don't think so. I read carefully the handbook's section and I
quote it:

SCSI controllers. Comment out any you do not have in your system. If you
have an IDE only system, you can remove these altogether.

SCSI peripherals. Again, comment out any you do not have, or if you have only IDE
hardware, you can remove them completely.

Supported RAID controllers. If you do not have any of these, you can comment them out

 on http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/kernelconfig-config.html
or remove them.

first I didn't use my ipod so I removed all that   lines and it didn't
work. I don't think the number of commented lines is  limited...am I wrong?

Nevermind, the problem is solved since I compiled it succesfully just
with RAID off.

Now can somebody help me about configuring my kernel in a more personal way?
I forgot to mention that I have two Ethernet cards on PCI slots and one
on the motherboard.
I also have a sound card.

I hope I am not too boring. Just tell it if I am.

Thanks.