Date:      Thu, 1 Aug 2002 23:18:56 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Brad Laue <brad@brad-x.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: glib12 port build failure in -stable (update)

> I hate to go on a rant, but -STABLE broke three times yesterday, too -
> this is -STABLE, why is this happening all of a sudden? I'm supposed to
> be able to put implicit faith in it!

Well, the security branch (RELENG_4_6 for example) is more "stable" and
changes much less frequently.  For any production server, I would
recommend using those branches rather than -stable.

> I don't think there should be much room for error in the -STABLE branch;
> too much is riding on it. Four hours of troubleshooting an apache server
> which was down for the count. What is it they say about time being money?

Again, don't go with -stable then.  The security branch is moderated by
the security officer, and thus all changes going into it need to be
justified.

Joe