Date:      Tue, 05 Aug 2003 20:47:44 GMT
From:      Mark <admin@asarian-host.net>
To:        "Nick Rogness" <nick@rogness.net>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Frontpage perils

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nick Rogness" <nick@rogness.net>
To: "Mark" <admin@asarian-host.net>
Cc: <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Sent: Saturday, August 02, 2003 1:37 AM

> On Fri, 1 Aug 2003, Mark wrote:
>
> > I just installed apache+mod_ssl-1.3.28+2.8.15 (FreeBSD 4.7R). Having
> > some serious trouble integrating Frontpage 5, though.
>
> All you should have to do is:
>
> # cd /usr/ports/www/apache13-modssl && make install
> # cd /usr/ports/www/mod_frontpage && make install

Dear Nick,

Thank you for your extended reply. I was out of town this weekend, else I
would have gotten back to you earlier.

> If all goes well you should have everything you need installed.

Well, everything seems to be going well, at least, but does not. :)

asarian-host: {root} % make install

Using: /usr/local/sbin/httpd

Let's see if it's a valid httpd... YES!
sbindir is /usr/local/sbin, trying to find apxs...Found!
Config directory: /usr/local/etc/apache
===>  Installing for mod_frontpage-1.6.2
===>   mod_frontpage-1.6.2 depends on file:
/usr/local/frontpage/version5.0/set_default_perms.sh - found
/usr/local/sbin/apxs -i -a -n 'frontpage' mod_frontpage.so
[activating module `frontpage' in /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf]
cp mod_frontpage.so /usr/local/libexec/apache/mod_frontpage.so
chmod 755 /usr/local/libexec/apache/mod_frontpage.so
cp /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf.bak
cp /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf.new /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf
rm /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf.new
/usr/bin/install -m 4550 -o root -g nobody fpexec /usr/local/sbin/fpexec
/usr/bin/install -m 0555 -o root -g nobody fpstatic /usr/local/sbin/fpstatic

No errors reported, and it seems to have installed just fine; it says I have
a valid httpd, and httpd.conf has been changed to contain these two lines:

LoadModule frontpage_module   libexec/apache/mod_frontpage.so
AddModule mod_frontpage.c

And those files exist in the right place. All as expected. Then I try and
start the httpd daemon:

asarian-host: {root} % /usr/local/sbin/httpd -DSSL
Syntax error on line 5 of /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf:
Invalid command 'FrontPageEnable', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a

Eh? "FrontPageEnable" should be available when mod_frontpage has loaded. And
mod_ssl, in case you wondered, works fine by itself. And, unfortunately,
/var/log/httpd-error.log has no error-messages for this occasion.

So, what am I missing again? "suexec" (which I believe is mandatory), is
compiled in too:

asarian-host: {root} % /usr/local/sbin/httpd -l
Compiled-in modules:
  http_core.c
  mod_so.c
suexec: enabled; valid wrapper /usr/local/sbin/suexec

If you have any suggestions left, I will gladly hear them. :) Thanks!

- Mark