Date:      Mon, 24 Feb 2003 14:29:56 -0800
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: when are unsolicited sales okay?

"Jeremy C. Reed" wrote:
> Anyways, when are unsolicited sales okay?

When you are not throwing crap at the wall hoping some will stick.

When you have a reasonable expectation that I'd be interested in
your offer (you personally thinking "it's a great offer!" is not
enough).

When we have a preexisting business arrangement on a related
basis.

When you are not *already* selling me the newspaper.

Never call me if you are selling buying club memberships.  Ever.

Never call me if you are going to talk over me with your pitch,
and not let me interject my disinterest in your product until
you are completely done.  It really wastes your time.

When you can guarantee I will actually save money because you
can run my historical records from my current company through
your billing algorithm, and the number you came up with is lower.

This last one requires you engage in illegal activities, but,
hey, the industrial espionage rap is your problem, not mine.

-- Terry