Date:      Wed, 04 Nov 1998 10:38:18 +0000
From:      T.Clark@ucl.ac.uk
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG

I hope I'm emailing the correct place...apologies if I'm not. I have a
couple of Promise Fastrack UDMA Raid Controlers which are really good for
lots of fast cheap storage and I was wondering if it would be possible to
get them to work with FreeBSD Release3??

Also are there any decent help files on modem installation. I have tried to
configure tip to dial another computer but whenever it connects to the dev
It says it can't syncronise.
The kernel is setup to look for 4 COM ports of which it finds Com 1,2 and 4
the modem should be on Com4 (internal K56Flex) and so I think I should be
using /dev/cuaa3. I have configured the etc/modems and etc/remote but am
unsure if the strings I have put in for my modem in /etc/modems are correct
I got most of them from the modem install disk inf file for win95.  ...Help
I just wasted two hours of my life...

 Thanks in advance.
				T.Clark