Date:      Mon, 06 Dec 1999 01:48:50 -0500
From:      Harlan Stenn <Harlan.Stenn@pfcs.com>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Can't read audio CDs after going from 2-STABLE to 3-STABLE

I have a machine that used to run 2-STABLE.  I have a stong recollection
that it read audio CDs (I have a nearly identical system that is still
running 2-STABLE that reads audio CDs just fine).

I upgraded this machine to 3-STABLE, rebuilt all of the ports I had
installed, and have never been able to read an audio CD on this machine
since.

The CDrom drive is a SCSI drive.

"cda" does not even detect that a disc is in the CD drive.

Any suggestions?