Date:      Fri, 24 Apr 2009 07:10:08 GMT
From:      Pav Lucistnik <pav@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/132407: [patch] multimedia/ffmpeg: respect TMPDIR passed from make.conf

The following reply was made to PR ports/132407; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Pav Lucistnik <pav@FreeBSD.org>
To: rea-fbsd@codelabs.ru
Cc: ahze@FreeBSD.org, marcus@FreeBSD.org, bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: ports/132407: [patch] multimedia/ffmpeg: respect TMPDIR passed
 from make.conf
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 09:08:47 +0200

 > Could you, please, glance at this PR and tell if the patch can be
 > committed.  It is useful for people with non-executable /tmp and
 > should not harm anything else.

 This is not a good patch. All ./configure using ports have the same
 issue. I don't see why we should address this is ffmpeg port.
 Either you fix this generally in bsd.port.mk (and I see bsd.kde.mk
 already have the proposed fix), or you should put
 CONFIGURE_ENV="TMPDIR=/var/tmp" to your /etc/make.conf instead.

 --
 Pav Lucistnik <pav@oook.cz>
               <pav@FreeBSD.org>

 > With a 10 MHz 386 the downloading speed would most likely drop
 > to a crawl or stop with the decoding process etc.
 I think most 10MHz 386 users are quite accustomed to things dropping
 to a crawl.