Date:      Tue, 02 Mar 1999 13:40:47 -0700
From:      George Vagner <kf7nn1@cybertrails.com>
To:        Drew Baxter <netmonger@genesis.ispace.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cant mount root

I finally got it to boot
by typing in

2:da(0,a)/kernel

and then editing boot.config to
reflect this.

after 6 hours of downloading xfree from the ports
collection i got the xwindows to run and windowmaker
runs ok.

the XIG graphics xserver will not install. It says it
failed to find licenseing information and i should
run xsetup manually so i tried it, result
core dumped: floating point exception.

It seems that alot of programs are doing this to
me now, netscape is another victim or the floating point exception
problem i am having.

I was using 2.2.8-stable previously without any problems
running the xserver or netscape and never ever saw the
floating point exception error before.

It seems i went backwards by upgrading to 3.1-release

any opinions on this?