Date:      Wed, 17 Jul 1996 21:51:04 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
To:        Greg Burch <gregb@qosnet.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org, png@qosnet.com
Subject:   Re: Triton II workaround?

On Wed, 17 Jul 1996, Greg Burch wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if anyone could help on this one or point us to someone
> who can?
>
> We get the following messages when we boot Triton-II's using FreeBSD
> 2.1.0:
> pci0:0: Intel Corporation, device=0x1250, class=bridge (host) [no driver
> assigned]
> pci0:7: Intel Corporation, device=0x7000, class=bridge (isa) [no driver
> assigned]
>
> For comparison, we get these messages on our Tritons:
> chip0 <Intel 82437 (Triton)> rev 2 on pci0:0
> chip1 <Intel 82371 (Triton)> rev 2 on pci0:7
>
> We are using identical kernels on all machines. On the Triton-IIs, we do
> not get interrupts passed through to our interrupt handlers and we
> assume this has something to do with "no driver assigned".
>
> We have used a real simple DOS-based tickler on the Triton-IIs and the
> interrupts are detected.

With my new Tyan Tomcat board, supposedly Triton II, I'm showing a dmesg
fragment here of:
Probing for devices on PCI bus 0:
chip0 <generic PCI bridge (vendor=8086 device=1250 subclass=0)> rev 1 on
pci0:0
chip1 <generic PCI bridge (vendor=8086 device=7000 subclass=1)> rev 0 on
pci0:7:0
pci0:7:1: Intel Corporation, device=0x7010, class=storage (ide) [no
driver assigned]

The last line is because I've gone into the Award Bios and disabled the
IDE controller (I run a SCSI only system).  I don't think you have a
generic Triton II problem.  Inspected your PCI bios settings?

9120 Edmonston Ct #302      |