Date:      08 Dec 1998 19:09:43 +0100
From:      Thomas Gellekum <tg@ihf.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   CVS problem

Moin,

has anyone seen this CVS error message before?

RCS file: /home/tg/cvs/diplom/bericht/ams.eps.gz,v
done
Checking in ams.eps.gz;
cvs [commit aborted]: cannot rename file /tmp/cvsI13786 to ams.eps.gz: Cross-device link

I have `cvs add'ed ams.eps.gz and now I'm trying to commit it. This
message is not in the chapter on troubleshooting CVS. I do have
wrappers installed for .gz-files, and I know they have worked
before. This is with ``Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.9.26
(client/server)'' on a recent -stable, if that matters.

/tmp/cvsI13786 looks like this:
   88 -rw-r--r--   1 tg       bin    -   44414 Dec  8 18:59 cvsI13786

and contains the base64'd ams.eps.gz, in the correct format for
inclusion into ~tg/cvs/diplom/bericht/ams.eps.gz,v.

Any ideas welcome.

tg