Date:      Tue, 23 Mar 1999 16:30:17 +0000
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, jmb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Am I the only one getting doubles

Greg Lehey wrote:

> We had problem with isdn.net.il, which was running Microsoft's
> SPAMPSVC mailer.  It was sending received messages back to the list,
> apparently not for the first time.  It's been blocked, and you
> shouldn't see any more problems in that area.

I am seeing problems, though I don't know what anyone at freebsd.org can
do. The chances are if you reply to this, I'll get three copies

you -> me
you -> freebsd -> me
you -> freebsd -> isdn.net.il -> me

That's what's been happening so far.

> If you get any more, look at the headers and report anything that
> looks like a loop.

They still haven't fixed that, they seem to be resending all mail based
on the To/Cc headers, or something equally stupid. I've written to them
once, no reply, hasn't been fixed. Has anyone contacted their upstream
provider or anything? It's becoming annoying.

Can't jmb remove the offending address from the list until it gets
fixed, or something?

--
Ben Smithurst
ben@scientia.demon.co.uk