Date:      Wed, 7 Nov 2001 15:25:51 -0800
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@freebsd.org>
To:        Thomas Hurst <tom.hurst@clara.net>
Cc:        Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Should we keep the vim5 port?

On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 05:10:55PM +0000, Thomas Hurst wrote:
> ATM it doesn't look like this is going to change for at least
> another month.  I'm inclined to ask the maintainer to keep the
> patches together so instead of 100 seperate files, have 10 bigger
> patches/tarballs/whatever.  The extra bandwidth's probably going to be
> offset by the reduced latency (and maybe gzipping) anyway.

Please do NOT.  Some of the patches are for non-Unix and would require me
to fetch the non-unix source tarball in order to have them apply.  The
one patch per file works very well and was a compromise between Bram and
myself (and maybe others chimmed in also).

> And can I ask why patch 12 (any maybe a few others) was missed?  As I
> recall that was for a crash bug with the polish translation - are they
> banned from using FreeBSD? :)

Try to apply it, you'll see. :-)  [hinted at above]