Date:      Sat, 2 Dec 1995 03:06:57 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@riley-net170-164.uoregon.edu>
To:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@kryten.Atinc.COM>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pop client

On Fri, 1 Dec 1995, Jonathan M. Bresler wrote:

> which is the pop client mail program of choice ??
> does pine, elm do pop ??

Pine can't handle POP.  I use 'popclient', a program that will pull off
POP mail and put it into a folder.  I believe it's in the ports
distribution as popclient-2.21.  Not sure though.  (if you DO use this,
save the mail as a folder; if you try to make it mail it back to you (the
default), that support is broke and it will eat the mail. :( Otherwise
works great.)

Pine's remote folder support uses "imap" which may not be supported on
all systems.  imap also doesn't work very well on very busy systems.

I don't use elm so I can't comment on that.

Hope this helps.

Internet:  dwhite@gladstone.uoregon.edu | Residence Networking Assistant