Date:      Thu, 3 Aug 2000 19:30:15 +0200
From:      Gabriel Ambuehl <gabriel_ambuehl@buz.ch>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re[2]: Upgrading from 4.1-R to 4.1-S

Hello Bill,

> On Thu, Aug 03, 2000 at 06:20:25PM +0200, Gabriel Ambuehl wrote:
>> One problem persists: How should I drop to singleuser mode on
>> colocated servers? Pretty hard to do without driving to them.
> Serial consoles and OOB access make the world go 'round.

Sorry, but what's OOB? I think it should be possible to cross connect
each two boxes with null modem cables (dunno if there's another word
for them in English) in order to get serial access, am I right?
(will try it as soon as I can get hands on cables -> tomorrow ;-)

If they weren't for Intel CPUs (we're an AMD shop since
ever ;-), I'd get some of those new Intel mainboards which even feed
the BIOS output to you...

But OTOH, at the moment, it'd take approx. 45 min to get to the servers
using public transport system, some minutes less but with the risk of
traffic jams if by car or, perhaps the best solution if weather allows
it, motorbike: Switzerland's small.

Best regards,
 Gabriel