Date:      Thu, 20 Sep 2001 12:45:55 +0100
From:      j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
To:        Kenneth Mays <kmays2000@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.4-Release: A Winner!

On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 07:33:36AM -0400, Kenneth Mays wrote:
| Hi,
|
| Ok, I know I was griping over little nuisances dealing with workstation
| setup issue but I am highly impressed by the release of FreeBSD 4.4. Since I

Great! I'm going to order it and install it after the fall semester is over.
Maybe sooner, if i'm feeling adventurous.  ;-)

| bought v4.2 with 10 CDs (6 CDs are the FreeBSD toolkit), I really like the
| having the Package CDs available online too. Besides the toolkit, I can
| upgrade my main "4" CDs online which is a VERY good idea.

Could you explain what you mean here?  Do you mean you DL the distro iso
images and make new installation CDs?

| As for the packages and tools that didn't make it into the release, I can
| always download them from the net. As for the Install CD, I've loaded it on
| my laptop and soon the Dell servers.
|
| Thanks for finally handing out a quality release with extra packages.

What do you notice is different between 4.2 and 4.4?

jm
--
My other computer is your windows box.