Date:      Thu, 4 Feb 1999 19:05:46 -0500
From:      "Hudson, Laura" <Laura.Hudson@Schwab.COM>
To:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Is there a reseller program?

> Laura,
>
> On 03-Feb-99 Hudson, Laura wrote:
>
> > If we really want to succeed, we need to get a larger user
> base, but we
> > have to be prepared to help newbies.
>
> OK, but do ye mean this in the context of online help or
> physical help (as
> in books and such)?
>
> Because online help is emerging faster and faster nowadays.
>
> Just take a peek at
>
> www.freebsdrocks.com
> www.freebsdmall.com (the support stuff)
> www.freebsdzine.org
> undernet.freebsdzine.org
> www.freebsddiary.com
> www.daemonnews.org

We need to do more than this.  Our online presense is growing, but our
physical presense needs to make itself known.  We must have FreeBSD sold
anywhere you can go out and buy Linux...

We need to show up at linux user groups.

We need to show up at NT user groups.

We need to write books for the average window user so they can run FreeBSD,
too.

Of course, before we attack the NT market, we also need to make FreeBSD
easier for the average newbie.  How many times recently have you heard "I
just installed FreeBSD, why doesn't my sound card work, d00d?!???!?!"

-Laura