Date:      Fri, 27 Feb 1998 17:49:47 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Java applet gets no keystrokes?

(Please note I'm not on this list, so keep me cc'd in any replies.  Ta.)

Bear with me here, I'm a complete Java newbie.

I have a Java applet (the VNC viewer, see ports/net/vnc,vncjava) which
behaves somewhat differently under the JDK appletviewer compared with
Netscape.

More specifically, it doesn't seem to receive any keyboard input.

If someone were to:

 - install the vnc and vncjava ports
 - run 'vncserver'
 - point their appletviewer at port 580x on their local machine
   (where x is the display number 'vncserver' reported)
 - try typing in the xterm

and tell me what is wrong, I would be very grateful.

Thanks!