Date:      Tue, 24 Sep 2002 14:24:48 -0400
From:      "MET" <met@uberstats.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD vs. Linux || Possibly wrong list

I've been doing a LOT of reading, and I can't seem to find anything
resembling a clear answer.  The one truth I've found is this, there are
more 'stupid' Linux users than there are FreeBSD users.  So I figured
I'd ask this to a FreeBSD mailing list, as opposed to a Linux one.

1) What is the BIG difference between FreeBSD and Linux?  Is it truly a
'big' difference, or do people just exaggerate the truth?

2) Since FreeBSD offers its 'Linux Compatibility' - will that allow me
to use programs that were written on and for a Red Hat version of Linux?

FreeBSD is what I know and love, but now I'm starting to use it as a
desktop (KDE 3 / XFree86 4.2) and I just want to make sure that I'm not
missing out on people's applications (home based) that seem to only be
written for Linux.

~ Matthew