Date:      Tue, 26 Jan 1999 07:57:44 +0000
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
To:        Timothy Westerdahl <tim@cabonet.net.mx>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bandwidth Usage

Timothy Westerdahl wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We use "Bing" to determine bandwidth measurement between two points.
> The question is: If I know the bandwidth size, how can I determine the
> amount of
> that bandwidth used or consumed.

If one of the 'bing' points is on your machine/router - look at the MRTG port
(/usr/ports/net/mrtg). If it's not on your machine you could still customize
MRTG to track it, but remember 'bing' results vary wildly at the best of times
(and on a loaded link it's even worse) = not a very accurate/reliable way of
tracking bandwidth... :(

-Kp