Date:      Tue, 8 Mar 2005 11:37:19 +0300
From:      "Eugene M. Minkovskii" <emin@mccme.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   mutt working throu NFS only in read-only

Hello, I have some trouble in NFS configure. I need to read mail
through NFS. So I say on the server:

user@server$ cat /etc/exports:
/var/mail 172.16.0.2

On client:
user@client$ sudo mount_nfs 172.16.0.1:/var/mail ~user/mnt/nfs
user@client$ ls -l ~user/mnt/nfs
-rw-------  1 user   user   28610895  8 мар 10:06 user
user@client$ mutt -f ~user/mnt/nfs/user

All working good, except one: mutt open this mailbox only in
read-only variant :(

Can I change this? You can see in ls command above --- I can read
and write my mailbox. For example, I try to change this file
using vim, and have a success

user@client$ mutt -v
Mutt 1.4.2.1i (2004-02-12)
Copyright (C) 1996-2002 Michael R. Elkins and others.
Mutt comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `mutt -vv'.
Mutt is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; type `mutt -vv' for details.

System: FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE-p5 (i386) [using ncurses 5.2]
Compile options:
-DOMAIN
-DEBUG
-HOMESPOOL  +USE_SETGID  +USE_DOTLOCK  +DL_STANDALONE
-USE_FCNTL  +USE_FLOCK
+USE_POP  +USE_IMAP  -USE_GSS  +USE_SSL  -USE_SASL
+HAVE_REGCOMP  -USE_GNU_REGEX  +COMPRESSED
+HAVE_COLOR  +HAVE_START_COLOR  +HAVE_TYPEAHEAD  +HAVE_BKGDSET
+HAVE_CURS_SET  +HAVE_META  +HAVE_RESIZETERM
+HAVE_PGP  -BUFFY_SIZE -EXACT_ADDRESS  -SUN_ATTACHMENT
+ENABLE_NLS  -LOCALES_HACK  +HAVE_WC_FUNCS  +HAVE_LANGINFO_CODESET  +HAVE_LANGINFO_YESEXPR
+HAVE_ICONV  -ICONV_NONTRANS  +HAVE_GETSID  +HAVE_GETADDRINFO
-ISPELL
SENDMAIL="/usr/sbin/sendmail"
MAILPATH="/var/mail"
PKGDATADIR="/usr/local/share/mutt"
SYSCONFDIR="/usr/local/etc"
EXECSHELL="/bin/sh"
-MIXMASTER
To contact the developers, please mail to <mutt-dev@mutt.org>.
To report a bug, please use the flea(1) utility.

vvv.initials
1.3.28.nr.threadcomplete
rr.compressed

--