Date:      Fri, 25 Feb 2005 13:55:11 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   HEADS UP: netipx mega-MFC (1/2)

I've just merged a fairly large set of changes to the netipx tree from
HEAD to RELENG_5.  These primarily consist of structural changes required
for the locking of the netipx protocol, but excludes the locking changes
themselves.  The theory is we'll let these changes settle for a few days,
then bring the locking changes in in time for 5.4-RELEASE.  While these
changes have been tested in HEAD, and have been in the tree generally for
at least a month, netipx doesn't get a lot of exercise so there may be
problems.  Please let me know if you experience any.

I have received at least one report that netipx is still not working with
Mars in RELENG_5.  I hope to follow up on that report shortly.
Unfortunately, I don't have a significant local IPX setup to test with, so
have to release on third party reports.  In general, when reporting netipx
issues, it would be very helpful if you could indicate whether whatever
problem you're experiencing occurs in the 4.x tree, in 5.x before my
recent changes, and 5.x after my recent changes.

Thanks,

Robert N M Watson