Date:      Mon, 26 Feb 1996 08:20:43 -0600
From:      Jim Lowe <james@miller.cs.uwm.edu>
To:        brian@easy1.mediacity.com, freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re:  vat:

> From: "Brian Litzinger" <brian@easy1.mediacity.com>
>
> I compiled m-src.020896.tar.gz on a 2.2-current system, and everything
> works fine except vat.
>
> # ./vat localhost/2020
> vat: null proc called:
> unknown option "-activeforeground"
>     while executing
> "$w cget $option"
>
> Where did I go wrong?

I use the stuff in m-src with -current and the -current sound stuff.  I
havn't upgraded my sound stuff to work with the new full duplex sound
code at this time.

I think this means that if you are running -current and the new sound
stuff, you need to add the proper sound driver to vat.  If you are
running -current with the -current sound stuff you need to run vmix
and use vat with the -U /tmp/vmixsock option.

Sometime soon we should get all this sound stuff straightened out...

	-Jim