Date:      Sun, 29 Dec 2002 17:42:39 +0000
From:      lewiz <purple@lewiz.info>
To:        Marcel Stangenberger <marcel@hayholt.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 3c589/PCMCIA.

--7iMSBzlTiPOCCT2k

On Sun, Dec 29, 2002 at 05:12:55PM +0100, Marcel Stangenberger wrote:
> it won't dump cause i can't get freebsd to install. (no cdrom in the
> laptop so i need a network install) If i look at the install log (on the
> second console (ALT-F2)) i do see that freebsd finds a pcmcia card in the
> slot. And is trying to detect what kind of card it is. It loads a few
> networkdrivers but as far as i can see they are all pci drivers. It seems
> that the card is simply not recognized.

Is this 4.x or 5?  I couldn't get it to work with 5.

  When you start the install process does FreeBSD ask you if you wish to
install from a PCCard device?  At this prompt I select yes, then at the
next dialogue, chose default and the one afterwards I selected IRQ 10.

  If you can't get a full dump did you want to try and run dmesg and
scroll through, write down all of the entries that relate to PCCard of
networking.  I'll rerun the setup and tell you what mine says.

-lewiz.

--=20
New Year's Eve is the time of year when a man most feels his age, and
his wife most often reminds him to act it.
		-- Webster's Unafraid Dictionary
--|| url: http://lewiz.info/ | http://www.westwood.karoo.net/pgpkey ||--

--7iMSBzlTiPOCCT2k

--7iMSBzlTiPOCCT2k--