Date:      Tue, 12 Jan 1999 16:23:42 +0100
From:      Gunnar Flygt <gunnar@pluto.sr.se>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Sending Ctrl-C in xterm

I have a telnet server connected with a serial port to the control port
of a Network Time Server. To reach this server i login with telnet
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 3001

This works very fine with one exception. I can start time continuously
out on the serial port. To stop this, though, I have to send Ctrl-C to
the serial port. If I do this with xterm or rxvt or whatever, it doesn't
send the Ctrl-C transparently. If I do the same from braindead M$ it
works as if I was connected to the serial port. I.e. it works, and the
time display is stopped, and I can send other commands to the time
server.

--
                           __o
regards, Gunnar       ---_ \<,_