Date:      Tue, 8 Feb 2000 10:29:29 -0500 (EST)
From:      Clemmitt Sigler <siglercm@alphamb2.phys.vt.edu>
To:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Fixed -- Newbie question about Netscape on Alpha.

On Mon, 7 Feb 2000, Clemmitt Sigler wrote:
<snip>
> Lynx works perfectly for me, but
> navigator says "Can't locate home.netscape.com, ..."  Somehow it's
> not resolving host names.

The problem was that osf1 didn't like my existing /etc/resolv.conf.
I've got this machine on a private home net so I don't have a
domain name assigned to it.  `hostname' returns the name of the
machine but `domainname' returns the empty string.

osf1 needs that domain name it seems.  I simply had to add a line:

domain          madeup.name.net

to /etc/resolv.conf and all was well with netscape and name lookups.
(Now on to problem #2 :^)

					Clemmitt Sigler