Date:      Fri, 06 Dec 1996 20:29:16 +0100
From:      Sven Brandenburg <sven@algieba.ts.rz.tu-bs.de>
To:        Lady Ada <ladyada@xenu.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: O si o [sound question]

> I know I'm not adding to the solution, but whenever *I* play 8bit
> .au's i get pauses all the time, as if the kernel was buffering and
> waiting for the card. This happens with realaudio, rplay, cat>/dev/audio,

Hm. Since nobody else gave us a hint we will have to solve this on our
own :)
Looks like I have to read those manuals, sourcecode,FAQ, [..] and then
fix this problem. Uaa. I see this nice stuff "DMA" on PCs coming up...
My questions are: Are you sure you have a SB16 (PnP) ? What does your
kernel say on on bootup? Did you try 16bit samples?
Has anybody else a SB16 and uses it?
I have the impression that I am missing something obvious and I am going
to reinvent the *famous* wheel with people ROTFL because of my (our)
stupidity - in can hardly imagine we are the only having problems with
this.

wow, ` gets hot here...

Sven