Date:      Fri, 17 Aug 2001 18:46:40 +0200
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: devfs deficiencies (was: devfs and Vinum (was: any -current && vinum problems?))

In message <Pine.BSF.4.21.0108170859470.22899-100000@InterJet.elischer.org>, Ju
lian Elischer writes:

>On Fri, 17 Aug 2001, Terry Lambert wrote:
>
>> Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

>you don't even think it was implolite?

The only thing I found really impolite was that the old-core left
the thing hanging in the air for several years.

It's OK to have things hanging in the air if it is done on purpose,
but it is certainly not OK if it hangs there as function of a
somebody-elses-problem field like in this case.

I certainly didn't find it any more impolite than committing a
barely working or even non-working prototype into the CVS tree and
then abandonning it once it "worked OK for my immediate needs".